- When & Where: California Music Fest (CMF) is July 3rd & 4th, 2009 in Ventura, CA. The surf expression sessions will take place at the Ventura Beach. The festival grounds are in walking distance in the entertainment district known as the downtown Ventura between Chestnut St. and Mission Park.Festival
Place: Located in the Downtown District of Ventura, CA between Chestnut and Mission Park.
Gates: 12 p.m-10 p.m. daily July 3rd &4th for festival stage.
Doors: 3 p.m.*-2:00 a.m. daily July 3rd & 4th for CMF venues.
*Some venues may have regular hours during the day, but the wristband policy will be in full force and effect beginning at 3 p.m. at all CMF venues. Some venues will not be open because stages are being set.
Hours: 12:00 p.m.-10 p.m. daily July 3rd & 4th for performances on outdoor festival stage.
3:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m. daily July 3rd-4th for performances in CMF venues.
Box Office - Ticket & Wristband Redemption Booth info Coming soon!
Hours: 2:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m. daily July 3rd-4th
There are lines for wristband redemption for advanced ticket holders, will call, cash sales, and credit card sales in this area.
We are prepared for tens of thousands of folks to show up to redeem their wristbands for tickets they bought at a ticket outlet or online, so there won’t be long lines, but you must redeem your ticket for a wristband before you can get access to the festival stage areas and/or CMF venues.
See the stages page for venue details.
- What To Bring: Here is what we recommend you bring to the California Music Festival:- Sunscreen
- A hat for shade
- A designated driver (if you’re not staying at the hotel)
- The designated driver should keep an extra set of keys to keep with you at all times (Avoid keeping keys in your car!)
- Camera (disposable)
- Pen and paper for names, addresses, memories, and setlists!
- Money to buy food, drinks, CMF merch, and band merch and items from our vendors!
If you forget to bring cash, we have ATMs onsite, plus the venues do take credit/debit cards as well as the box office.
- Prohibited Items- No Weapons of any kind
- No Fireworks
- No explosives
- No Illegal Substances
- No Carts
- No unauthorized/unlicensed/unapproved vending will be allowed
- No Large backpacks
- No outside alcohol (do not “bring your own alcohol, alcohol is sold at California Music Fest Venues and outside in the beer garden by outside stage)
- No outside food or beverages
- No coolers
- No skateboards, roller skates, bicycles or scooters or personal motorized vehicles will be permitted (This includes, but is not limited to: golf carts, ATV’s motor scooters, and powered skateboards). For safety reasons, any vehicle that would carry you faster than a walking pace will not be allowed.
- No Large chains or spiked jewelry
- No chairs
- No tents
- No moshing
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS OF ANY KIND! (This includes, but is not limited to: glass bottles, glass food jars, and anything made of glass). All glass containers will be confiscated upon entry to the festival and no exceptions will be made
- No Professional Photography Equipment (small hand held cameras without additional lenses are fine)
- NO PETS!
- Things we will have available:
- Mist Tents
- Wash Stations
- Portable toilets with toilet paper
- Vendors will be selling a variety of reasonably priced foods, beverages, and snacks
- Beer & Liquor Stands with reasonably priced beverages
WATER AT CMF:
The California Music Festival provides plenty of stands where you can buy bottled water. Additionally, we have mist tents where you can walk through and cool off by the festival stage.
- Location & DirectionsCalifornia Music Fest is held in downtown Ventura, California.The festival grounds are blocks for the Ventura Beach which is walking distance in the entertainment district known as the Downtown Ventura area located between Chestnut St. and Mission Park Streets. This is all conveniently located in the heart of downtown Ventura.
The airports to fly into Ventura are either Oxnard, CA, Santa Barbara, CA or Burbank Airport Tulsa .
Our official airlines is Southwest Airlines.
* Distance from Oxnard: 8 MI to Downtown area
* Distance from Santa Barbara 35 MI South to Downtown area
* Distance from Burbank : 45 MI N Downtown area
* Car rentals are available at all airports or may take the Amtrak (Train) from either the Santa Barbara or Burbank airport. Each are located very close to the airport and drops you off blocks from Downtown Ventura,CA Festival location.
* Taxi Charge (one way) from Oxnard: $25.00 (USD)
* Time by taxi: 15 min
View Larger Map
TAKE HWY101 NORTH. EXIT CALIFORNIA STREET EXIT AND EXIT RIGHT. FOLLOW ROAD TO THOMPSON BLVD .
There is adjacent paid parking to the festival site in every direction, but driving is not allowed through the event site.
Additionally, there will be parking at both the Government Center and the fair grounds. Festival goers can park at this location and ride a shuttle for free round-trip per person to the California Music Fest site in the Ventura’s Downtown District. The shuttle will be operated only Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 PM. There will be signage in the lots directing guests where to park for the shuttle.
- HotelThe Official Hotel of California Music Fest is the Clock Tower Inn which is located at 181 Santa Clara Street Ventura, CA 93001. Go HERE to make your reservations to stay during California Music Fest. Use the special code: CMF to get the special hotel rate of $109.00/night.
- Entry PoliciesAt CMF, as long as you have an official CMF festival wristband, you can come and go as you please and your festival wristband gets you access to the CMF Outdoor Festival Stage and also access into all the CMF venues and access, subject to venue capacity and age restrictions.Wristbands are non-refundable, non-transferable, and cannot be replaced. Wristbands will be void if torn, broken, stretched, taped together or not worn snugly on the wrist.
Everyone will need to have an official California Music Fest wristband to gain access to the CMF Festival Stage area and the CMF Venues. Security will be strictly enforcing this policy throughout the area.
Please don’t remove your wristband if you wish to re-enter the event on both evenings, otherwise you’ll have to buy a new one.
Children over the age of 6 will be required to have a festival wristband.
- Security & SafetyWe are making every effort to create a fun, safe and secure environment on the CMF festival grounds On-site security will be provided through a combination of the Ventura Police Department and a private security company. Additionally, emergency medical staff will be available onsite by the Ventura Fire Department, EMSA, Med tents, Mist Cooling Tents, and First Aid responders at CMF.Please keep yourself hydrated. We have plenty of vendor areas where we have reasonably priced water and soft drinks available. We also have cooling mist tents in case you do become overheated. Please watch for signs of over-exposure to heat and sun, dizziness and fatigue. If you feel overheated, please find a CMF volunteer or first aid responder and they’ll help you get medical attention.Please be respectful of our CMF venues, any type of vandalism will not be tolerated at California Music Fest. We want everyone to have a great time. So, keep in mind, if we feel anyone is violating this guideline and/or interfering with other guests, volunteers, or venue staffing, we have every right to eject you from the event and revoke your all-event badge and/or your festival wristband, as they are property of California Muisc Fest.
We encourage everyone to please drink responsibly and also have a designated driver in your group. If you plan to drink heavily at CMF, you should just book a hotel room at the Clock Tower Inn to make your festival experience more enjoyable. If you have had too much to drink and don’t have a designated driver, then please call a cab. Cab listings and contact numbers will be in the festival guide.
We work to insure that California Music Fest is the safest festival it can possibly be.
- Word To The WiseWith your cooperation we can leave a positive impression with the City of Ventura, and in doing so, preserve the vitality of the California Music Fest community. Please respect the rules of the venues, the local laws, and local community so that we may be welcomed back in the future.The use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited at CMF. All laws pertaining to drug use should be respected. We encourage you to participate in the festival in a lawful and healthy manner.We work hard to insure the safety and quality of all official food and beverage vendors. For health and quality reasons, we urge you to refrain from buying from unlicensed vendors. We appreciate your support of the official CMF vendors as they have made a commitment to the festival to provide quality and safe food options for you. There maybe many authorized vendors in the festival grounds.
The sale of alcohol by unauthorized California Music Fest vendors is strictly prohibited. Do not bring your own alcohol to CMF, you will be asked to either dispose of it or leave the festival if you make the mistake of bringing your own alcohol to the event. We have plenty of reasonably priced alcohol all over the festival grounds and in official California Music Fest venues.
Please be aware of official CMF vehicles for staff and security. If they are coming your way, please move out of their way so they can pass safely through the crowds. This is the only way that we can provide emergency medical and fire protection as well as refill water tanks, service the toilets and pick up the trash, and just generally take care of festival business. We appreciate your cooperation in regards to our CMF vehicles inside the festival grounds.
- LegalCalifornia Music Fest is a rain or shine event. There will be absolutely NO REFUNDS/NO EXCHANGE on festival tickerts or all-event badges for any reason, no exceptions. Artists and times are subject to change.CMF festival tickets, wristbands and all-event badges are a revocable license for the event date of July 3rd & 4th, 2009. Management means CALIFORNIA MUSIC FEST LLC [CMF], and their
affiliates. Management reserves the right, without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase
price, to refuse admission or to eject any person who fails to comply with the rules of the venue,
local, state or federal law or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly, or offensive by
management. Persons entering the facility are subject to search for contraband, alcohol,
controlled substances, weapons, firearms, fireworks, professional cameras, video equipment, or recording devices, which are expressly forbidden and subject to confiscation.
Ticket user assumes all risks of personal injury incidental to the event, whether occurring before,
during, or after the event. Tickets lost or stolen can not be replaced. Ticket user bears all risks,
including cancellation of the event and of inclement weather. The resale or attempted resale of
a CALIFORNIA MUSIC FEST ticket, wristband or all-event badge at a price higher than that appearing on our listed price schedules is prohibited and if discovered will result in the ticket being voided without refund. CALIFORNIA MUSIC FEST tickets, wristbands and/or all-event badges may not be used for advertising, promotion, including contests and sweepstakes or other trade purposes without the express written consent of CALIFORNIA MUSIC FEST [CMF]. Ticket user consents to CALIFORNIA MUSIC FEST, LLC [CMF] and its affiliates use of your image or likeness incidental to any video display, transmission or recording of the event.
No weapons of any kind
No Large backpacks
No outside alcohol (do not “bring your own alcohol, alcohol is sold at CMF)
No illegal substances
No unauthorized/unlicensed/unapproved vending will be allowed
No skateboards, roller skates, bicycles or scooters or personal motorized vehicles will be permitted (This includes, but is not limited to: golf carts, ATV’s motor scooters, and powered skateboards). For safety reasons, any vehicle that would carry you faster than a walking pace will not be allowed.
NO GLASS CONTAINERS OF ANY KIND!! (Including all glass food and drink containers â€“ No glass pickle jars!)
No outside food or beverages with the exception of factory sealed water bottles
No Large chains or spiked jewelry
No Professional Photography Equipment (Small hand held cameras without additional lenses are fine)